Shark Week Fun for the Kiddos



Shark Week 2014 begins on Sunday, August 10th.     Here in New Jersey, Shark Week is very popular.  I live near the Jersey shore in the Matawan area where there was a shark attack almost 100 years ago in 1916.  The town of Matawan even has a Shark Week festival for kids the first week of August. 

For the younger kids, the Discovery Channel shows can be scary so here is a roundup of some kid friendly ideas and activities for fun during Shark Week:


Light Hearted Ways to Enjoy Shark Week



FREE Printables from In All You Do



Shark Week Snacks from A Few Short Cuts



Great Roundup from A Day in Your Shoes




Round Up of Easy Shark Week Crafts




Free Printable Shark Facts from All For the Boys



I love these Footprint Sharks from Glued to My Crafts



Shark Week Lap Book FREE Printable from Frugal HomeSchool Family



Shark Party Ideas from Chickabug Blog



FREE Printables for hosting your own Shark Week party from Pretty Providence








Shark Week Humor





If your idea was featured in this post, please grab an "I've Been Featured" button and display it proudly on your blog!  You can get the html code for the button on my Buttons page



Need more Ideas?  Check out my Shark Week Pinterest Board!









18 comments:

  1. What a great round up! We love shark week around here. I pinned this for later. So excited to connect at The Grant Life Sunday share. I am following along with you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them! I did a shark party a few years back and it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! My kids are so fascinated by sharks so they would enjoy this round up of activities and printables, thanks! Found you at This Momma's Meandering Mondays and now following on FB. I'll be sharing this on my page if you'd like to check it out- http://www.facebook.com/BNadyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ideas you have shared here! For me I can see using these projects to add fun when teaching my kids about sharks. The shark themed snacks look yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection of shark fun! Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brag Pinterest Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!!Shark week,love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! We'd love to have you link up with the Caffeinated Crafters this week!

    http://www.chaosandlove.com/tuesday-link-party-9/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun collection of ideas, Amy! I'm making a shark cake for my grandson for his birthday this week. Totally unrelated to shark week, but all the hoopla Discovery creates sets the ideas in motion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab ideas! I love the cupcakes and the shark facts in the shark mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great roundup. I love the shark feet art and the shark snack roundup a lot. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic ideas. I love the idea of a shark party how fun is that! You have made a great round up here. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome collection for fun (and learning)! We have a few years before the little one can see Shark Week, but a lot of these just seem like a ton of fun without the tv! :)

    Thank you for sharing this at the #SHINEBlogHop today, Amy. I'm your newest follower. Sarah (Ruffles and Rain Boots)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some really cute ideas! And those comics are adorable; they gave me a laugh. Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the cupcakes, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I never knew there was so much on "Shark Week" Thanks for sharing! (Stopping by from My Favorite Things Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE these ideas!!! Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, some great ideas!! We tend to avoid shark week since whenever we talk about sharks, my daughter gets a bit frightened. Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS